Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cockpit soul & Keel & Rudder Cassette

Lots of bits and pieces getting done.

The rudder cassette we have commissioned is coming along nicely.

 I finally started fairing the keel blade so it can actually be installed. I also started fairing the cabin top and leading edge which is coming along very nicely (it's always going to be an unusual shape and probably not symmetrical but its my creation so it's cool).

 
 
The cockpit soul (floor) went in well and I would guesstimate it's weight at about 1.5kg for those interested in that stuff --very light, super stiff. It's 12mm divinycell with 450 db each side same as the hull shell and other stuff. My little carbon fittings for the hiking straps to get tied into are almost flush with the cockpit floor --fantastic (a little lucky) I'm happy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment