Saturday, August 23, 2014

Deck gear & Rigging

Just a quick note to say more deck gear has been put in place and the shrouds are sorted. The forestay is yet to be finished but it's not far off.


We went to see Andrew at Ullman Sails in Brisbane after being told he may have some second hand sails that could suit us, which he did.
So our first set of race sails, we already have a cruising set, will be a used main & jib from a Thompson 650 ( Andrew's own boat sails that he no longer uses). The quality of the material is way better than anything we could afford new so we're pretty happy to have lined them up to buy in the not too distant future.

Quick funny moment I had today. I have spent the last three months or more thinking our boom was too long and I would need to cut 200mm from the end unless I wanted it hanging out past the transom (which I thought would look terrible).
 
Well I put the boom on the goose-neck for the first time today and the boom was level with the transom, what happened to the 200mm I would have to cut off the 3500mm boom? I forgot I extended the original plans to build the boat to 6m and I extended it to 6200---boat is 200mm longer than I remembered. How do you forget something like that!



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment