Monday, December 21, 2015

First Solo Sail

It's been a long time coming, I wanted to solo sail on our previous build, "Shazza" i550, but never got around to it.
Charlene has been in the water for just over twelve months now and I've sailed her myself with Donna onboard but today was the first true single-handed sail of Charlene. And it was good !

A 32 second video of my sailing with the kite set......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvjoG1HRigA


The breeze was very shifty and built from 5-8 to around 8-12, so a good breeze for what I had in mind which was just cruising around. I reefed the sail before leaving the pontoon, I had no interest in trying to be a hero or worry about any speed records.


I will be going out again tomorrow for some more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment