Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dusted off

Charlene has just been dusted off and is again ready for the water.

After some heated discussions and even putting Charlene up for sale, it looks like we've come to a happy compromise and now Charlene will be moving sideways into a new role as a purely leisure sail boat, no racing at all.

I had every intention of cruising Charlene as she was rigged to make this as simple as possible and not only be a race boat. So we will no longer be a member of any sailing club and will go out on weekends that are nice and comfortable, this may mean going out rarely but it is better than the last 6 months which was no sailing at all.

I haven't been able to find race crew and Donna no longer enjoys racing, understandably, because I started yelling at her and everyone else, and I stopped enjoying it also. So the switch to purely leisure sailing was very very easy once we had been able to sit down and talk sensibly. For a while I couldn't even bring up the subject without it starting a fight...bloody hell....but we're in our happy place again and looking forward to some nice summer weather.

We started sailing because we liked being on the water, so that's what we're going back to.

I have been, and will continue to, miss racing my own boat, I haven't enjoyed racing on friends boats. But if it's leisure sailing or no sailing on the boat that I built with my own hands I will take cruising happily.

I have just had trailer lights wiring installed on the new car and sorted a towbar for it also, we spent the last few months with no way of moving Charlene even if we wanted to. I also just serviced the boat trailer with new wheel bearings and a new valve in one of the tires, so we're good to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment